B2B ecommerce — online purchasing between businesses — is a
rapidly growing market. And as it grows, the technology that
supports it is evolving too. Businesses are investing in smart
ecommerce marketing platforms to remain competitive.
Millennials responsible for buying decisions are demanding the
same seamless online purchasing experience in the B2B space that
they are used to as consumers. Understanding how B2B buyers behave
can help B2B marketers stay on top of their game.
We’ve compiled the top 20 B2B ecommerce statistics that
marketers in this expanding industry should have at the ready.
1) The global B2B ecommerce is valued at $12.2
trillion in 2019 (Statista).
2) The value of the global B2B ecommerce market
is 6 times that of the B2C market in 2019 (Statista).
3) Close to half of B2B buyers are millennials
4) 81% of non C-suiters have a say in B2B
buying decisions (Google).
5) 89% of B2B researchers use the internet
during the B2B research process (Google).
6) B2B researchers do an average of 12 searches
before engaging with a brand’s website (Google).
7) 42% of B2B researchers use a mobile during
the B2B purchasing process (Google).
8) 70% of B2B buyers and researchers watch
video throughout their path to purchase (Google).
9) In the US, B2B ecommerce payments are
expected to reach $23.1 trillion by 2020 (Deloitte).
10) After rebranding from AmazonSupply to
Amazon Business in 2015, Amazon’s B2B ecommerce operation saw
sales of $1 billion in just one year (Statista).
11) 73% of B2B executives agree that customer
expectations for personalised experiences are significantly higher
than they were a few years ago (Accenture).
12) 78% of B2B buyers consider next day
delivery for work purchases to be important or very important
13) B2B ecommerce sales are expected to account
for 17% of all B2B sales in the US by 2023 (Forrester).
14) The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for
B2B ecommerce is forecast at 10% for the next five years (Forrester).
15) 54% of B2B buyers said a lack of contact
information reduced a vendor’s credibility and may cause them to
leave a website (Komarketing).
16) 59% of B2B buyers want to see tech support
information on a vendor’s website (Komarketing).
17) 46% of B2B buyers leave a vendor’s
website due to a lack of a clear message (Komarketing).
18) 69% of B2B buyers are deterred by long
19) 74% of B2B buyers conduct more than half of
their research online before making any offline purchases (Forrester).
20) 93% of B2B marketers use email to
distribute content (Content
B2B ecommerce is a booming business. Keep these stats handy for
those times you need to highlight the impact that your industry is
Source: FS – Email Marketing Blogs!
Top 20 B2B Ecommerce Stats Marketers Should Know